3.13.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Thirteen

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:




35.  Little-boy dress clothes. When I was pregnant and looking for baby clothes, I was so frustrated with how few neutral clothes I could find. Once Kieran was born and I knew I had a boy, I was frustrated with how baby girl clothes seemed to take up two-thirds of the section. But I love them now! Bow ties, vests, jackets, hats--there are so many adorable "little man" clothes out there!

Okay, so this picture has nothing to do with number 36.

36.  Learning more about how my Father loves me...and what a distracted, wayward child I am. Being a parent has given me so much insight into what God's heart longs for me on this earth. It has also helped me to see just how little I give thanks to the One who gave me life and provides me with all I need.

P.S.  Happy birthday to my hubby!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I hear ya on both of these!

mamamia said...

love, love, love the bow tie! too cute!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com