Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:
55. The hope of Good Friday. It has always sounded absurd to me to call the day that an innocent man was beaten and mocked and sentenced to die "good". Today is a good day because God is good and has the ability to bring good even out of something that seems so horrible. Today is a good day because I know that Sunday is coming. Today is a good day because it gives me hope. When my son becomes aware enough to look at the world around him and see children his age enduring things I cannot hardly think about, I can lead him to this one truth: "Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live."
No comments:
Post a Comment