15. Finding safety in the truth that this boy is held by stronger arms than mine. Every where I turn, there is something or someone that is trying to add to my worries by telling me how my baby is in danger of this or not getting something "vital" that he needs. I love that I get to run to our Father and rest in the truth that He knows and loves Kieran more than I ever could.
16. The terrifyingly sweet knowledge that a tiny person relies on me for everything.
17. Realizing that boys are more fun and more full of joy than I could have ever imagined. I always pictured myself someday holding a little girl, doing her hair up for her; now I have at least 17 years of boyhood to look forward to. I want to catch that adventurous spirit and bottle it up. Someday, when he is grown and gone, working hard to provide for a family of his own, I will take it out and give him a taste of days gone by. And just maybe he will remember playing on the floor with his mama, laugh, hoist his own little one over his shoulder and pretend to be a rocket ship headed for vistas unknown.



1 comment:
Love number 15 :) Little boys are fantastic, I love watching their adventure
Post a Comment