Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:
39. Thirty-nine weeks and six days. I posted this picture on Facebook when he hit what was, to me, a pretty big milestone. I was so thrilled when Kieran arrived at the day where his age matched the amount of days I was pregnant with him. I imagine how he changed from a tiny seedling into a squalling, eight-pound two-ounce baby boy; then I witnessed the huge transformation from my tiny helpless infant into a little boy with a mind and will of his own--still so dependent on us, but already wanting to do things on his own, figure them out on his own, and experience them for himself.
40. Watching my little boy find his voice. I get such a kick out of hearing the different voices he uses. And when he gets all hyped up and really starts talking, I have never seen anything more entertaining in my life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment