3.11.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Eleven

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:



31.  Being honored as a mother. So many times I think I fail, but my husband tells me over and over again what a great mom I am. Whether I am or not is up for debate, but I love these words of encouragement--they are a balm to an unsure-of-herself mom's soul.


32.  Getting to honor my husband as a father. There is not much else on this earth that can make my heart soar like seeing the look of excitement on Kieran's face when his papa comes home from work. I want so much for him to look up to his dad and want to be like him. I think one of my biggest accomplishments in life would be to raise children who respect, admire, and love Jordan. I think that is a great way for me to love him, too. :)

1 comment:

mamamia said...

great thoughts. Yeah for daddies to look up to! Love husbands who supper, encourage, and inspire! Great blessings.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com