3.16.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Sixteen

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:


41.  Spinach beards.


42.  Realizing how quickly time passes by. When Kieran and I visited my family in Florida, I was so sad that they had missed out on over nine months of his life. Lately, I have been finding myself stopping in the middle of doing something "important" to go run and get down on the floor to play with my baby. I don't have many more days left of this stage, and I have to make memories while I can.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

#42 makes me think of the poem Song for a Fifth Child where the last stanza says:
"The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."

Sabrina Amanda said...

I've heard that before--it's so true!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com