3.07.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Seven

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:







21.  The absolute miracle of growing life within my body. I should have mentioned this right off, but I cannot ignore how this experience impacted me. Even just that first time I heard his tiny heart beat out its life-rhythm, I was overwhelmed with awe for my Creator...and I was in love.




22.  The immense love and care we have received from our family and our church family. Kieran and I were blessed with many showers. And, of course, it takes a village to raise a child.


23.  Evenings together, grilling outside, breathing in the scent of freshly-cut grass, thinking, "This...this is my family."

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com