3.30.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Thirty

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:
56. The chance to list all of these gifts. Tomorrow's post will be a long one. For now, let me just say that there is hardly a single day that goes by that I take for granted that all the memories and the laughter, all the tiredness and the grumbles are more than I deserve. I could not just expect that I would have an uneventful pregnancy. I could not just expect that I would have a successful delivery. And I cannot expect to outlive my child. It is not morbidity or fatalism that drives these thoughts but an overwhelming awe of the gift of the everyday. Of the knowledge that none of this should be taken for granted and expected as my right. Treasure each day...each moment. And thank the Creator, the Giver, the Provider, and the Sustainer.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com