3.21.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Twenty-One

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:


47.  Finding that motherhood pays in big, blue-eyed stares and snuggles and giggles and smiles. I've often seen the figures floating around that for all the work a mother does, she should theoretically make over 100,000 dollars a year. At the end of my life, I won't be thinking back on my money, I will be thinking back on the lives we "created" and invested in.
The servant-hearted never serve alone. Spend the whole of your one wild and beautiful life investing in many lives, and God simply will not be outdone. God extravagantly pays back everything we give away and exactly in the currency that is not of this world but the one we yearn for:  Joy in Him.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com