3.27.2013

A Month of Gifts: Day Twenty-Seven

Lately, I have been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As Kieran enters the last month of his first year, I decided to list some of the gifts we have celebrated since that wonderful March day as a sort of countdown to his very first birthday:


53.  Seeing his desire grow to do things on his own.  It is a bittersweet thing, seeing him develop enough to start flying solo on something, but experiencing the rejection when I offer my help. I know I have touched on this before, but it becomes more apparent everyday that if I am really doing my job well, Kieran will need me less and less; yet, his need for me in other ways will grow. Hopefully, he will come to me for advice, for emotional support, and lean on me as someone who will always pray for him. For now, snuggle time is over when I say it's over! ;)

P.S. Kieran's most recent I-can-do-it-myself moment has been at mealtime--sometimes, he won't eat from a spoon unless I put the spoon in his hand first and help him get the spoon to his mouth. What a goober!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com