It's already been ten days since little E's first birthday party!
A few months ago, I decided to go with a library theme because, for one, we really don't need any more toys for young toddlers, and I also am in love with children's books–such an easy, broad starting point. In a crime against books everywhere, I bought some Golden Books from a nearby antique store and disassembled my least favorites, turning them into paper banners, fans, and pinwheels.
In addition, I used a few of the books, some favorite quotes about reading and from children's books, and photos of my favorite one-year-old to decorate. I also found some cute, customizable woodland-themed bookmarks on Pinterest!
| This is just in my room, not at the party. :) |
| Bookmarks! |
For supper we had meatball subs, à la "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" (which I did not get a photo of), and Peter Rabbit's garden vegetable platter.
We also had apples with homemade caramel dip, representing "Ten Apples Up On Top."
And chocolate chip cookies for "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."
As well as strawberry lemonade punch, for "The Red Lemon."
And the best part of the food? The cake, of course! Jordan's mom made some delicious cupcakes, and I made a smash cake for Elias to enjoy that were all fashioned into "The Hungry Caterpillar."
Did the birthday boy enjoy his cake? A lot more than his brother did, I think!
We were so thankful for the friends and family who were able to venture out to celebrate our little boy's special day.
| Kieran and his friend "helping" Elias open one of his gifts. ;) |
It's so great to be one!
P.S. As usual, mom didn't make it into the pictures, so here's one of me rockin' the braids and knit hat today because it was literally 10 degrees outside.



No comments:
Post a Comment