5.17.2013

I Can See Clearly Now

Thursday morning, we got a lot done even before 9:00 a.m. came.

I woke up at 4:30 to shower and get ready, then woke Jordan up and got our stuff together. I woke Little Man up at the last minute around 5:30, changed his diaper, and we put him in his car seat. We took off for the hospital (about a 20-minute drive) and checked in. We must have talked to at least five different people, all saying the same thing, but it wasn't until 7:30 or so that Kieran actually went in to have the procedure done. It only took 15 or 20 minutes--the optometrist pushed a tube into his tear duct to open it up and flushed out a bunch of gunk.

The nurses told us that infants react to anesthesia one of two ways:  they either cry it off or they sleep it off. When Kieran came back, he was crying and probably a little scared. Since he hadn't been allowed to eat or drink anything yet, I nursed him; then we fed him the rest of his breakfast.

And let me tell you, this little 13-and-a-half-month-old boy was a CHAMP!!! Once he had some food and drink in his belly, he was good to go! I was so worried about him being a bear the whole way there and while we had to wait, but he was just his curious little self. He has such a great disposition 90 percent of the time, that I can't even complain about him being a cranky teether. ;) It is so wonderful to see both of his eyes clear now (I didn't realize just how much I had gotten used to there always being something hanging out in the corner of that right eye) and to not feel so terrible wiping it out again and again when it would get so incredibly sensitive.

Now he is even more ready to jump into everything!

Kieran tried the baby swing for the first time a few weeks ago!

P.S. Little Man is so close to walking now! He will take four or five steps on his own before falling over...he just won't do it once I pull the camera out. But I will persevere, and I will catch him at it!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com