Some days are more important than others...and some months, too. For instance, it almost seems like Kieran has changed more in the last two months than he did during the first two. No, his growth hasn't been on the same level as far as his height and weight are concerned, but he is growing by leaps and bounds! It took him ten months to sprout his first two teeth, then right around the one-year mark, they just started popping through. Now he has eight teeth, and he is working on his canines (ouch!). In the last two months, he has gone from standing while holding, to walking while holding, to walking and standing all by himself! At 14 months, he is practically almost running at times, except he is still working on his balance. :)
He has finally mastered "Dada", too. He would rarely ever say it, so we weren't even sure if he was saying it. But now he says it quite frequently--just in time for Father's Day--although, he still prefers to babble "Mama" incessantly. And he does babble all the time. We are working on other words, but there still isn't anything he says consistently enough to know that he has that word down. One of the cutest things ever is the few times he's said, "Ta-da!" One of my favorite things is how affectionate Kieran has become; he never was a very clingy or cuddly boy, but he will hug me now and run to me, and nothing really feels better than that. :)
As I said before, some days really are more important than others. The other day, I was feeling really under the weather, and I could hardly do anything but lay on the couch and run to the bathroom (F.Y.I. I knew better than to take a prenatal vitamin on an empty stomach, but, apparently, even a piece of toast is not enough for me.). I felt like a terrible mom because Kieran was running around on his own, trying to get me to play with him, and I just could not do it. But I realized that I can't let myself focus on the days that I can't do as much for my child. I need to focus on making the good days really count. And even then, I don't want to feel guilty because I'm not doing what I see others doing on facebook or Pinterest but just concentrate on being all there--not distracted by my phone or the internet or my to-do list. It's about giving Kieran moments of pure mommy-son time. It can be so easy to spend time around my child, without spending time with my child. There will always be time to clean the bathroom later! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment