Once again, I want to say how overwhelmed I am by all the love and encouragement we have received from so many. I am in the midst of one of those eye-opening times in my life as I learn how to love and be loved. How to rest in love and the truth of grace and mercy. Words that just flow around me like a waterfall that has no end. The sound of it quiets my heart and reminds me of the "bigness" of God. It reminds me that family is based less on a pedigree and more on hearts that pour into you.
One of my friends sent me a link to this dear woman's blog who suffered a loss much greater than ours three years ago. She is married to Todd Smith, one of the singers in the group, Selah, and spoke at the Women of Faith conference this year. If you have suffered or are suffering with loss or just want to be able to identify or empathize with those who are, I suggest that you soak in the life of this wonderful family. I just spent the last two hours reading about Audrey Caroline's little life, but here is the letter her mother, Angie, wrote to her after spending just two-and-a-half hours with her on this earth. And, because music has been with me always these days, here is another song that has been on my heart as of late.
2 comments:
I have heard parts of Angie's and Tod's story, it's incredibly moving. I wanted you and Jordan to know that we've been praying for you guys and thinking of you since I read your blog post Saturday. My heart breaks for your loss. I'm so inspired by your testimony and example of trust in God, as well as your transparency. Thank you for being real with us.
Emily, thank you always for your prayers--I miss our times of prayer together! God is good in that, if we let Him, He never wastes a circumstance in our life.
Post a Comment