8.23.2014

Recipe Ready: Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza with White Garlic Sauce

It's been three weeks since I last posted, and that was about me finishing the Couch-to-5K program. I seriously have not run since then (my foot had me out for awhile, but now I have no excuse), so it's only fitting that I post another recipe for you—and not exactly one you would want to eat before a run. :)

I have been in love with the chicken bacon ranch pizza from Pizza Ranch and the gourmet chicken garlic pizza from Papa Murphy's for awhile now. I wanted to make a pizza that had a garlic sauce like PM's pizza, but still had that bite from the ranch. So, I did what I do best:  I took my favorite things about different recipes and melded them together.

I wish I had step-by-step photos for you, but when I cook a meal that I haven't done any prep for ahead of time, there's a lot of bribing with cartoons or Cheerios until Jordan comes home to distract the kiddos. … Anyway, without further ado, here is the recipe all you facebook commenters have been waiting for.

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza with White Garlic Sauce




While I like wheat crusts and pan crusts, I thought that a simple, white crust would be best for trying this pizza. Since we're not going for a really thick crust here, we don't have to let it rise very much, which is nice if you're short on time.

Ingredients:

  • White crust
  • White garlic sauce
  • 1 whole skinless boneless chicken breast (about one pound)
  • 1/2 pound sliced bacon
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • Prepared ranch dressing

White Crust:
  • 1 tbsp cornmeal
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 tsp quick-rising dry yeast
  • 1 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup very warm water
  • 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil


Combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add oil and 3/4 cup of the water, and start your dough hook on low. As the mixture combines, determine if you will need any of the last 1/4 cup of the water to incorporate all of the ingredients. Once everything is combined, allow the hook to knead the dough for 4-5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Alternatively, you can just mix it by hand and knead it on a lightly floured surface (it's okay if it's still a little tacky, but it should pull away from the counter cleanly). Cover; let rest for at least 10 minutes in a warm area.


Before you start your sauce, preheat oven to 425°F. Lay 1/2 pound of bacon in strips on a cooling rack placed onto a cookie sheet. When oven is ready, place bacon in the oven for 12-14 minutes; let rest before finely chopping.


White Garlic Sauce:

  • 1 whole chicken breast, filleted and finely chopped
  • Olive oil
  • 3 tbsp butter, divided
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic powder
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 2-4 garlic cloves
  • 2 tbsp fresh or 2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (shredded is better if you have it on hand)

Coat a large cast iron skillet or other large skillet in olive oil over medium heat; melt 1 tbsp butter in pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and add chicken to pan. Cook chicken until browned and no longer pink in the center; set aside. Add remaining butter to pan chicken was cooked in, and scrape up brown bits until butter melts. Slowly whisk in flour until no lumps remain. Gradually whisk in milk. Add salt, pepper, garlic, and basil. Mix in Parmesan cheese and mix until cheese has melted. If sauce seems too thick, whisk in more milk, as sauce will thicken as it stands. Remove from heat.

While chicken is cooking, sprinkle flat baking stone with cornmeal. Place dough in center of stone; roll within 1 inch of edge. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.

Remove crust from oven and spread garlic sauce on crust to within 1/2 or 1/4 inch of edge. Sprinkle the bacon over the sauce, followed by the cooked chicken, then the cheeses. Sprinkle tomatoes over the cheese, and place in oven for another 10 - 15 minutes, turning at 10 minutes. Sprinkle green onions and drizzle ranch dressing over pizza before serving.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com