It's time for another product review!
This is one of those things which, once you have it, you cannot live without.
The first time I had ever seen anything like this was when my friend, Janelle, received something similar from her husband when he proposed to her. He gave her a ring, as well, but the ring was inside a "butter bell". When she told me about it, I had no idea what one was--but it's ingenious (and, apparently, leads to happy marriages)! Here's how it works:
| Source |
Butter bells, or crocks, are a little harder to find than your average butter dish, but they surprisingly come in quite a few varieties. When looking for one myself at a local kitchen store, I stumbled upon this little number:
![]() |
| "All aboard the Butter Express!" |
Lo, and behold, there are butter boats, too! I read about how they work, and it's the same basic principle. You don't have to smush your butter into the lid; you just place the whole stick into the butter dish. You fill the outer dish with water to the fill line, then place one into the other, top with the lid, and "Voila!" you have softened butter whenever you like. "The porcelain keeps the water cool, and the water in turn keeps the butter cool. This results in soft, spreadable butter without allowing it to spoil. The butter boat can be kept on a kitchen table or countertop indefinitely. Changing the water in a butter boat every few weeks is recommended."
I have always been a margarine girl--mostly because that's what we grew up on--because I like having something that is spreadable. Now, my dilemma is solved and I can put something more natural in my body. The best news for those of you who do not frequent kitchen stores? They also sell them at local stores; although, you will not find as much variety.

1 comment:
I feel so honored to be mentioned in your blog :) maybe I should update my blog incase anyone clicks over to it....lol I will do that after taxes are finished...
Post a Comment