10.29.2010

My New Pet Peeve

The other day, I was at the mall looking for different pieces to put together my Halloween costume.


While I was there, I discovered the most hideous new trend in fashion:


Jeggings.

Jeggings are leggings that are made to look like tight denim jeans. Okay, so they look pretty good on that girl. But I'm sure that less than one percent of the population can pull them off; however, we all know that something like thirty percent of them will try it anyway. Just when it seemed like fashion was starting to favor those erring on the side of modesty, it seems like pants are getting tighter and dresses are getting shorter. Which wouldn't be so much of a problem if, while looking for a dress, you found one that actually looked like you could sit down in it.

I'm all for being trendy, but I guess I'm not girlie enough because, when push comes to shove, I will usually choose function first and fashion second.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I saw those awhile ago, and laughed out loud. They just can't let the leggings go! Combining with skinny jeans was an interesting idea...it's like wearing super-skinny jeans. In that picture they look REALLY tight, but I tried on a pair at Target, and they really were comfortable.

I think people will take advantage of the stretchiness and wear pairs a few sizes too small, creating the look pictured. But, it's definitely not necessary.

However, I did not buy a pair, because they cost as much as regular jeans, and were very thin. I want something that's going to hold up for awhile!

Sarah said...

just wait until you are pregnant or post-pregnant - then jeggings are choosing comfort over style! :)

Erin Wallace said...

I am SO with you on this one!!! My daughter, who is 17 and doesn't have an ounce of fat on her body (as she is a figure skater) looks wonderful in them but a mom of 4 whose ounces of fat have more than multiplied - I think not!

xo Erin

Sabrina Amanda said...

So help me, if I see a boy wearing them, I'll freak.... :D

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com