5.19.2010

As the Girl Scouts Say...

..."On my honor, I will try:" to neither become obsessed with this blog, nor to ignore it for a six-month period, only to try unsuccessfully to pick it back up again.

I feel the itch to write. I am, by nature, a creature who can more eloquently express herself on paper than by mouth. Usually, when I speak, my tongue gets ahead of my mouth and a good one-third of what I say is just my own chatter. That's why that mean girl in first grade called me a "chatterbox." :[

Writing helps you to focus. It helps you to connect with others in a memorable way. And it serves as a memorial of what has gone on in your life. I want to focus on living for an Audience of One. What an all-encompassing statement that is! I want everything I do to be for God's glory and for the purpose of making me more like Him and helping others to see Him.

But I am a failure. Big time. If you are looking for a lying, slothful, lustful, murderous person, you've found her. Just ask my brother...I was plenty murderous toward him. :) But God, in all His mercy, not only opened up salvation to me through the death of His only Son on the cross, but He has provided everything I need for life and godliness. His grace is more than sufficient for a distracted, absent-minded, self-loving person like me to become a focused, Kingdom-minded, humble, loving person like Jesus.

I want to overflow with joy. I want to rejoice in Truth. I want to grow in the knowledge of grace.

I think that capturing my journey will be fun! While this will not be a blog that is 80% YouTube links, there will be the recipe of the day (add some roasted red pepper!), the inspiring song, and the hilarious video or post. And whether many read this or not, I'll still be here...I think.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I'll be here stalking, er reading you...bwahahaha ;-)
-Janelle

Emily said...

I didn't know you had a blog Sabrina! I'm glad I found it! I'm excited to read all your posts! :) You're a very good writer and very inspiring :)

Sabrina Amanda said...

Thanks! I didn't know that you had a blog, either. Although, I think you've been a little too busy for it for some reason.... :D

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com