11.18.2013

My DIY Photoshoot

My baby is two weeks old today!

We had his newborn photos taken Sunday of last week, when he was six days old. I think that they will turn out really well, but I was a little disappointed that the little hat and diaper cover I had found on clearance on Etsy had not arrived yet.

Necessity being the mother of all invention, I decided to do my own photoshoot with my point-and-shoot.



After looking at a couple of other bloggers' approaches (I really didn't search too much--I didn't want to be overwhelmed by all the things I couldn't do), I decided to do mine in the afternoon. After feeding and changing Elias, I set up my couch as our "studio". Keeping it simple, I placed a boppy in the middle and covered the entire couch with a queen-sized white woven blanket I have. The boppy worked really nicely for keeping him in place, and I think the white blanket was a good choice, since it didn't distract from the cute crocheted-ness. :)




An hour or two before we took these, I cranked the thermostat up. So, even though he was mostly naked, he was a pretty happy fellow almost the whole time. I was really gentle and moved slowly when I repositioned him, and it was so fun to get a few shots where he actually looked at the camera after I talked to him.




I understand all of the obstacles there are when photographing a newborn, but I would never be able to get this many photos of my toddler--they would all be blurry, since he is always on the move!




I am seriously in love with this sweet face!


2 comments:

Janelle said...

you did a great job! The lighting is what makes a picture high quality. I love the sleeping pictures. aaaahh nothing sweeter than a squished face sleeping newborn :)

Sabrina Amanda said...

Thanks, Janelle! It was really fun for me. :)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com