April 5th, we celebrated Kieran's first birthday in true little man style.
 |
| Manwiches |
 |
| Bow Tie Pasta Salad |
 |
| Couch Potato Chips |
 |
| And, oh, the mason jars! |
While I did not accomplish everything that I wanted to for his big day, I am super pleased with how everything turned out--especially with how much fun the star of the day had!
I made Kieran a personal-sized frosted carrot cake for a traditional "cake smash". He has not had that much exposure to cake, and I could not for the life of me get him interested in it.
 |
| Stripped down to his diaper and ready to dive in! |
 |
| I even smushed his hand right into the cake, and he just made a face like, "Why did you just do that? What is this stuff?" |
He did, however, enjoy Papa's cupcake soon after. I suppose food always seems to taste better when it's on someone else's plate.
Of course, Kieran also thoroughly enjoyed his new presents. We had better be careful, or we might have a spoiled little guy on our hands!
 |
| Tasting every single block and "marking" his territory. |
 |
| "I can't believe all of these toys!" |
 |
| Friends. :) |
It was so good to have many of our friends and family gathered together to celebrate our little man making it through the first year of his life. And we were thrilled to share our family's news for the first time via this gift to Kieran:
So thankful for all of the memories that were made!
 |
| Grandpa Jim and Kieran James |
1 comment:
looks like everyone had fun :)
Post a Comment