1.23.2011

Well, It's A Start

I promised you I would update you on our challenge, and update I will. I don't know why, but I have been feeling anti-internet lately, and stayed away from facebook and blogging for the past week. :-/

I have been super excited about one of my birthday presents--Zumba for our Wii console.

Source

It has been fun and challenging to start working out with this game. It is fun for me to try something that is upbeat and makes me learn new things. And I think that even when (or if) I become competent at the dance moves, I will still enjoy the challenges they give you of "increasing your party energy" to get to the next stage. I am glad to be able to say that I went from zero workouts per week to four. :) I hope that I can stick to that number! For now, I am doing 20-minute workouts, but my goal is to build up to (Oh, Lord, please help me) 60-minute workouts.

I am also "dieting", by which I mean that I am making healthier food choices and decreasing my caloric intake. I abhor diets that completely cut out a food group. Moderation, right? I was hoping to see a decrease of 2% this week, but only saw 1%. ...However, it was the first week, so I am not too bummed. Someone at work told me that I should take measurements of myself so I can see what I lose in inches, which is more telling, but that does not sound like a fun evening activity. :P

How are you all doing on your goals? Having a plan is the first step!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Way to go! You are doing awesome! For two weeks in a row I have exercised twice during the week. 3 times was my goal, but it's better than nothing! I really want a Wi now though! I just know I would exercise more then... :D

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com