11.23.2010

Thirty...Er, Well, Sixteen Days of Thankfulness

It's not that I couldn't think of 30 things to be thankful for--it's just that, after awhile, they all seem to be sort of related. Or someone makes fun of you for being cheesy.

In the spirit of the "Thirty Days of Thankfulness", I posted at least one thing I was thankful for as my status on Facebook everyday for 16 days. I wanted to make myself of think of answers that you wouldn't find on a fifth grade Thanksgiving essay. I wanted to be attentive to God's provision that is always supplied to me but often overlooked. Here is my list of random--and not-so-random--things. "Sabrina is thankful..."

  1. for forgiveness.
  2. for the for the freedom to vote--and for 90 years of the women's vote, too.
  3. for C8H10N4O2 (caffeine!).
  4. for Someone who conquered death.
  5. for her husband:  strong, handsome, tender, compassionate...full of integrity and laughter...someone who loves God more than he loves her--but loves her all the same for reasons she cannot comprehend.
  6. that distance is no match for a good friendship.
  7. for a God who works out all things for our good and His glory...for picking up right where you left off with family...and for chocolate cake!
  8. for Dutch Blitz. :D
  9. for having a job.
  10. for the the wonderful women she has in her life to look up to (literally and figuratively).
  11. to always have "just enough". Just enough to eat...just enough strength...just enough to be able to give to others. But grace? More than enough.
  12. that I am who I am. I am unique. I can change and learn and grow, but there was no mistake--I was meant to be me. :)
  13. for books to read...and for a love of reading, too.
  14. for sleep...oh, glorious sleep.
  15. for her cozy apartment with enough room to have people over. :)
  16. for Old Chicago pizza and and friends. Yum! :)
  17. for no snow!
For Thanksgiving Day, I will be heading down to Florida to see my dad, stepmom, and little sister and am staying through Wednesday. Jordan will be staying behind to see his family and keep working. :(  Hopefully, I can sneak in a blog post, though, with all the adventures. In the meantime, have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Jordan's homemade "Pumpkin Spice" soap

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com