This past Sunday, Jordan and I had a chance to take a trip to the Iowa State Fair with our other S and J friends, Scott and Janelle--along with 103,081 other people. If you have never been to the state fair, then you have missed out on an iconic Iowa tradition. The thing I love most about it is the great mix of people you will find milling about you: parents juggling energetic children; old couples walking hand-in-hand, while unknowingly slowing the flow of traffic; teenage girls trying their best to be "cool" while the hot sun is beating down on them; and families talking excitedly in the rapid flow of languages from many different countries.
We were so grateful for a precipitation-free, humidity-free, 70-something-degree day! I wore flip-flops and my calves grew sore by the end of the day, but I didn't care because we were just having a lazy day of fun.
Of course, we looked at the tractors...
And we ate some food (that's a one-pound hamburger, by the way)...
We saw some animals (like the world's smallest cow--so cute!)...
And then we got thirsty...
As an added bonus, I got to see a friend's prize-winning entries...
And, of course, while at the fair, you can't forget the funnel cake...
All in all, we had a wonderful time. I am so thankful for good friends that not only encourage but are just plain fun to be around. I think this is going to be an annual tradition!







4 comments:
I miss the Fair sooooo much!!! I can almost taste the funnel cake...:)
Love your fair photos! Especially you with the tractor tire and scott n janelle with the fruity beverage. I think you have the makings for your very own blue ribbon winning entry. :)
hehehe I think I see some picnik tooth whitening action ;-)
Such a fun time was had at the fair. yay! Now to 'steal' you pictures and post mine so you can 'steal' my pics :-)
Love the picture of you and the tractor tire!
Post a Comment